para español, haga clic aquí
Welcome to Mutual Aid Philly!
We are a mutual aid group organizing our neighbors in Center City and South Philly. We work with disabled and chronically ill folks as well as the broader community. We are glad you’re here!
- Welcome to Mutual Aid Philly!
- Site Index
- Request Mutual Aid
- Offer Mutual Aid
- Additional Resources
- Donate P-EBT Funds
- About Us
- Mutual Aid Disclaimer
- Accessibility statement
Request Mutual Aid
If you want to request help with grocery shopping, prescription pickup, cash, emotional support or truly anything, please fill out this form. A member of our group will reach out to you within 48 hours to match your request with someone who can assist. Mutual Aid Request Form
Please remember, if you are experiencing an emergency or need medical care please call 9-1-1.
Offer Mutual Aid
If you would like to offer mutual aid, please fill out this form: Mutual Aid Offer Form
You will be contacted by a member of our team to support someone who has requested aid.
You can also Venmo our community fund directly at @mutualaidphl and/or donate to our PayPal pool. For transparency, we are posting transaction by transaction how we move money here: Money transparency spreadsheet
Disclaimer: Donations to Mutual Aid Philly are not deductible for federal income tax purposes as charitable contributions.
Looking for more resources? We’ll continue to update this section as things change. List of citywide resources
Donate P-EBT Funds
If you would like to donate the P-EBT funds from the Philadelphia school district to families in need, you have two options:
- Donate the monetary equivalent to Mutual Aid Philly. In this case, you use the card yourself (since the cards are not legally transferable) and donate the monetary equivalent on Action Network or Venmo (search @mutualaidphl).
- Sign up to sponsor a family. In this case, you’ll sign up by checking the “Donate EBT groceries” option on our form . One of our volunteers will match you with a family that needs groceries, let you know their grocery list, and connect you with the family to schedule a contactless delivery. You will shop and deliver the groceries. If there is a language barrier, our volunteers with act as translators for the process.
The money donated to Mutual Aid Philly is used for both for direct monetary aid (up to $100 per family) and to pay for groceries, prescriptions, and cleaning supplies that we deliver to community members. All donations go to community members in need and we keep a public spreadsheet of transactions on our website for transparency.
We are a group of neighbors in Center City and South Philly dedicated to:
- Organizing during the COVID-19 pandemic and going forward to support our community
- Recognizing and celebrating interdependence. We need each other, and mutual aid is not a quid pro quo
- Prioritizing the leadership, goals and needs of disabled and chronically ill neighbors
- Working in solidarity with other groups across the city
Want to get involved? We’d love your help! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mutual Aid Disclaimer
Mutual Aid Philly is an entirely volunteer run, unofficial resource. We will do our best to ensure best practices regarding safety, but as a collective of volunteers we cannot vet or guarantee the identity or background of any individual offering or requesting aid. Click here to read our entire disclaimer.
We prioritize digital accessibility on our website and forms to ensure access for disabled people. We apply the relevant accessibility standards. If you encounter problems using our website or forms or would like to provide feedback please email us at email@example.com. Thank you very much.